Do we actually have enough information to give the same sort of output as for PHP (i.e. function/file/line number) without building a debugging perl?

Hmm, having looked a the 165 lines of code needed to implement caller() I'm not sure that this is going to be lightweight enough to be practical.

The speaker at OSCON (name escapes me, and I'm somewhere over Northern California watching cloud to cloud lighting) who talked about dtrace (and demonstrated php) seems to have done some digging into this. He mentioned that "doing this for perl will not be easy".

-R