On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Vahik Manookian wrote:

> Thanks Andy,
>
> I did a make distclean and a ./Configure -d
> -Dprefix=/localdisk/vahik/05septBuild and this time the compile passed without
> any problem. Thanks for the help.
>
> However when I installed (make install) the perl, I did not get perl5
> executable. When I checked lib directory, I have a perl5 directory created
> there but in the bin directory I only have perl and perl5.8.7.
>
> How do I get the perl5?
> Is perl5 a different application than perl?

No.  There is no standard "perl5" application.  There is "perl", and there
are specific versions, such as "perl5.8.7", but the standard perl
distribution doesn't install anything named 'perl5'.

> In my system per5 -> perl5.00503.

As far as I know, by default on Solaris, there is nothing installed by the
name 'perl5'.  Someone, somewhere, must have made it. I can't say what
that 'perl5' thing you have is.  The standard perl distribution doesn't
include it.

> I am asking these since I am trying to build mozilla and it wants a full perl
> installation:
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> checking for perl5... /opt/tools/bin/perl5
> checking for minimum required perl version >= 5.004... 5.00503
> checking for full perl installation... no
> configure: error: Cannot find Config.pm or $Config{archlib}.  A full perl
> installation is required.

There appears to be a problem with /opt/tools/bin/perl5.  You'd have to
ask whoever installed it why they didn't give you a full perl
installation.

I don't know the Mozilla configure script at all, but I'd expect that if
you make sure your newly-installed perl is first in your $PATH, then it
ought to find it just fine.  Failing that, you could temporarily rename
the faulty /opt/tools/bin/perl5 file to something else and then re-run
Mozilla's configure.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]