I thought very carefully about this before writing the Highlander
Variables RFC, and came to the conclusion that it's a bad idea.
I've read your proposal, but I'm afraid I still think it's a bad idea.

Those funny characters tell the programmer what's going on, and they
tell the compiler what the programmer thinks is going on.  I'm all in
favour of cleaning up some of the syntax and removing some of the
ambiguity (hence RFC 9) but I've long since learnt that the funny
characters are a strength of Perl, and the concept is sound even if the
implementation is a little shaky in places.

Andy Wardley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Signature regenerating.  Please remain seated.
     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   For a good time: http://www.kfs.org/~abw/