Dan Sugalski wrote:

> Any variable that has a 'per-thread' component should be self-contained.
>
>                                         Dan

We don't know how many instances of iteration happening in the
program there will be, or how many there can be.  If each instance
of hash iteration maintained its iterator with the code, that simplifies
tieing.  The opnode for an iterator will need to store a pointer to
the iterator, rather than a tie interface needing to store an array.

--
                          David Nicol 816.235.1187 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       My argument is the result of selectively breeding straw men