>And that's offensive.

What's offensive to one person is amusing to the next.

>Please act like a grown-up.  Stephen cast the
>first stone, but that's no excuse for you to reply with a boulder.

Sure it is: when a hoodlum jumps you with a knife, there's no reason
to roll over and quietly submit to the death of a thousand cuts.
No, you pull an Indy by responding with overwhelming firepower to
dispatch the cretin forthwith before he gets cocky.  Otherwise
you're a willing victim with an FMH sign on his butt waiting for
further abuse as the next bandit decides to chew on you.  As nobody
else said mum about that scat, I took care of it myself.

>(hint: grown-ups would apologise at this point)

I'm sorry he said that.

--tom