John Porter writes:
> Ah, the old "If you want Tcl, you know where to find it" non-argument.
>
> "Closures?"    "No!  This is Perl, not Lisp!"
> "Objects?"     "No!  This is Perl, not Smalltalk!"
> "Patterns?"    "No!  This is Perl, not Snobol!"
> "Subroutines?" "No!  This is Perl, not Basic!"
>
> "Upvars?"  "No, and for the following well-understood
> technical reasons..."

Well, I for one don't understand what is to be gained by making control
structures into functions.  Could you please give us some examples where
control structure functions would be significantly more powerful than the
current control structures?
Mark Leighton Fisher    Thomson Consumer Electronics
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Indianapolis, IN, USA
"Display some adaptability."  -- Doug Shaftoe, _Cryptonomicon_