Damian Conway wrote:
> I intend to extend the parameter lists RFC to cover optional
> (non-tailing) arguments. Personally, I would like to see the
> indirect object syntax removed in all contexts, inclusing
> this one, and filehandles simply passed as a first argument.

Well, "indirect object syntax", maybe; but then, eh...
comma-less-ness can be very nice in many situations.
I think this should be allowable whenever it's unambiguous to
the compiler, based on the prototype.  IOW,  given

        sub foo($$$&);

should not the following be legal?

        foo $x ( $y, $z ) { ... }

--
John Porter

        We're building the house of the future together.