>Perl supplies an operator for line input - angle brackets.  This is no
>analogous operator for output.  I propose "inverse angle brackets":

>    >"Print this line.\n"<;

Perl already *has* a print operator: "print". :-)

The problem with what you have there is that it hides the act of
output within an arbitrarily long circumfix operator whose terminating
portion is potentially very far away.  What's wrong with putting a
command name at the start of a command, anyway?  Note that the
readline operator is not normally subject to this same problem
as its operand is a handle, not a long string.

Also, it makes it icky to quote Perl code in mail messages;
see above. :-(

--tom