NI> Chaim Frenkel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

NI> Well if you want to place that restriction on perl6 so be it but in perl5
NI> I can say

NI> tie $a[4],'Something';

That I didn't realize.

NI> Indeed that is exactly how tied arrays work - they (automatically) add
NI> 'p' magic (internal tie) to their elements.

Hmm, I always understood a tied array to be the _array_ not each individual
element.

NI> Tk apps to this all the time :

NI>  $parent->Lable(-textvariable => \$somehash{'Foo'});

NI> The reference is just to get the actual element rather than a copy.
NI> Tk then ties the actual element so it can see STORE ops and up date
NI> label.

Would it be a loss to not allow the elements? The tie would then be
to the aggregate.

I might argue that under threading tieing to the aggregate may be 'more'
correct for coherency (locking the aggregate before accessing.)

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183