At 12:28 PM 9/25/00 -0400, Ben Tilly wrote:
>As long as Larry is really OK with giving away the store, I don't think anyone
>else should object.

"Giving away the store", such as it is (and it really isn't) is,
ultimately, good for perl, and something we should encourage.

The more ubiquitous Perl the language (as opposed to perl the
implementation) is, the better off we all are. I, for one, would be
*thrilled* if once we got a solid reference doc out for perl 6 someone else
besides us wrote an interpreter for it.

The AL as it stands allows, and encourages, all sorts of folks to use perl
in their products, and embed it inside them. (Yes, we've failed them
technically in the embedding arena, but that's a separate issue) This is
good. Really.

The language should be all over, and that's what's important. The
implementation's basically, well, an implementation detail, and really
isn't important.

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk