Mark-Jason Dominus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> "The new version must be better because our gazillion dollar marketing
>> campaign said so.  (We didn't really *fix* anything.)
>
>The part I found interesting was the part about elimination of the message.

printing messages can be surprisingly slow - if they go to
unbuffered stderr which is an X window of some kind they can end up
waiting for an ACK from the X server, which may have to wait for
blanking and a move of a mega-pixel or two to do a scroll.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Via, but not speaking for: Texas Instruments Ltd.