On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 05:55:13PM +0000, Simon Cozens wrote:
>    Never over-design. Never think "Hmm, maybe somebody would find this
>    useful". Start from what you know people _have_ to have, and try to
>    make that set smaller. When you can make it no smaller, you've reached
>    one point. That's a good point to start from - use that for some real
>    implementation.
>
>         - Linus Torvalds

Since this thread is in the mood for quotes, here's one I'm fond of...
It goes something along the lines of:

        Any fool can create a complicated system.
        The real skill is in making a simple one.

I honestly don't know where that came from. (I might even have
originated it myself, but I'm sure someone will come up with the real
source. If not maybe I'll claim it for my own :-)

Tim.