Dan Sugalski wrote:

> >What if the decision in-vtable or not-in-vtable is deferred?
>
> That's doable, I think, though I can see some issues.

how about a two-tiered vtable, where a single high bit, if set,
indicates extended handling, or at least consultation of
a different table.

I guess that amounts to the same as having a set number of
"extended" entries that indicate check elsewhere to decide
what do do now.

Which again causes mind-expoloding possibilities, except that
there is no reason to keep all possibilities in mind, just open
up the pandorabox and let all the evil out.

>                                       teddy bears get drunk
                                      and they all say "yodelahihu"