On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 5:15 PM, Nex6 via perl6-users <perl6-us...@perl.org>
wrote:

> my $results = run 'ping', '-c', '1',$line;
>
> where $line is the IP address, $results hold the result how can i pull the
> results out? it outputs like this:

Actually, it doesn't have them with that invocation; they went to stdout,
which is probably your terminal. In any case, $result is a Proc object
representing the thing you ran, and will get the exit status when ping
exits.

    my $proc = run 'ping', '-c', '1', $line, :out;
    my $result = $proc.out.lines;

This tells `run` to capture the output with the Proc object, and you can
retrieve it with the `out` method (which returns an IO::Handle) as above.

allber...@gmail.com                                  ballb...@sinenomine.net