On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 12:38:50PM -0500, David L. Nicol wrote:
> while pseudocoding something I realized that it would be really
> cool if there was another magical default shelf, like $_  or _ but
> subtly different, that stores, if lexically used, the object of the
> most recent "defined" or "exists" --
>
> or maybe even the most recently referred to scalar, just the way
> "it" works in English.  "it" would change much more often than $_
> does.

*quiver* Please god no.  Its difficult enough to follow the twists and
abuses of $_ when reading code.

That aside, could you put together a code example of what this wins?

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One