On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 10:07 AM ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <
perl6-us...@perl.org> wrote:

> On 2019-12-09 02:00, JJ Merelo wrote:
> > Other than that, it's clear from the context that it returns a Boolean
> You still need to change the target audience of the docs
> from the Developers to the Rakoons.

The reference documentation (especially deep inside) is NOT intended for
brand new people to the language.

They need to start with the introduction, the tutorials, the books, even
classes (many are available for free on youtube).

The reference documentation is for someone already somewhat familiar with
the language, but can't remember the exact calling sequence, or order of
arguments, or exactly what gets returned, etc.  The MOST important piece of
documentation needed is the precise signature that concisely presents that
information.  That is much more important the accompanying verbiage.

If one hasn't yet learned what "()" ":D" or "-->" mean, I would kindly
suggest that they should review the introductory documentation or some
tutorials prior to delving into the detailed technical reference
documentation.

Curt