On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 10:46 PM ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <
perl6-us...@perl.org> wrote:

> On 2020-01-13 12:43, The Sidhekin wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 8:51 PM ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <
> perl6-us...@perl.org> wrote:
>
>> In https://docs.raku.org/type/UInt, a cardinal (uint)
>> is a subset
>>

>   Nope.  Case matters.  It's mixed case "UInt" (not "uint") that's a
> subset.
>

> What makes you think I did not understand the documentation?
> Perhaps it is you who does not understand me?

  Your use of the term "uint" in reference to "UInt" is what makes me think
so.

  uint and UInt are different types – conceptually related, but with no
type relation between them – the document on UInt tells you nothing about
uint.

  So when you say "a cardinal (uint) is a subset", this is not taken from
the cited documentation, and appears to be taken from your own
misapprehension.

Eirik