    https://modules.raku.org/dist/Trait::Env:cpan:SCIMON

> On Wed, 8 Apr 2020 at 09:22, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users

    Not sure what he is trying to do.  :-(

On 2020-04-08 01:44, Simon Proctor wrote:
Well he is me so let my try and explain.

The idea is to be able to simply assign Env vars to variables so for example you might do

"
my $windir is env;

And then $windir should be assigned the value of the %*ENV<WINDIR> variable at runtime.

Hi Simon,

Well Trait::Env installed with zef in Windows10-1909.

I am not seeing the utility of
     use Trait::Env; my $windir is env; say $windir;
versus
     my $windir=%*ENV<WINDIR>; say $windir;

And something is wrong.

First a Fedora test:

    $ raku -e 'say %*ENV<HOME>;'
    /home/todd

now a double check of Windows:
   echo %WINDIR%
   C:\WINDOWS

Now for Trait::Env
    raku -e "use Trait::Env; my $windir is env; say $windir;"
    (Any)

    raku -e "use Trait::Env; my $WINDIR is env; say $WINDIR;"
    (Any)

And %*ENV
   raku -e "say %*ENV<WINDIR>;"
    (Any)

    raku -e "my $windir=%*ENV<WINDIR>; say $windir"
    (Any)

-T

There's a bunch of other stuff in it too, it's mostly intended to make Docker environment setup easy to use but should be useful in other areas.

No clue about Docker.  I use qemu-kvm

How could I make the documentation easier to understand?

It is not you; it is me.  I can be thick as a stone at times.

-T