On 2020-06-08 00:48, Fernando Santagata wrote:
On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 9:12 AM ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <perl6-us...@perl.org <mailto:perl6-us...@perl.org>> wrote:

On 2020-06-07 22:39, Peter Pentchev wrote:
I addressed this in my original e-mail: the documentation is
currently:
1. a reference manual

Targets at what audience?

I think that that point has been stressed countless times: you
probably want a User Manual, not a Reference. The online Reference is
well written and it's what most people need. To learn more about Raku
please refer to the numerous books on the topic:

https://perl6book.com/ https://raku.org/resources/

User Manual and Reference Manual are synonyms.  Or
as the Raku web site calls it: Documentation.

The "online documentation" (not reference, if we are
slicing the baloney real thin) is what I am complaining
about.  It is not useful to beginners.

I have seen a lot of programming reference in my day.
I do not remember any one of them deliberately trying
to go over users heads.  (Does not mean they did not
at times, but it was not on purpose.)

By the way, I do use any reference I can get my hands
on.  Duck Duck Go and Google get hit a lot. And I
always have the documentation open in a window and
frequently refer to it.  And when I have to figure
out something the hard way, I write it down.  You
will see me posts these here at times.