On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 11:43:34AM -0500, Daniel ”Fooist” Lathrop wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> What do you think?
>
> -Daniel
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Daniel Lathrop (@lathropd)
> Mobile: (206) 718-0349
> PGP key: https://keybase.io/lathropd (raw)

Hi Daniel,

I've just started on making the new Rakudo Star (2020.08.1), and I've also
noticed some slight readline issues.

While I respect Jeff's work, time does pass, and things break. I think the most
respect we can show is to continue the work he started.

With regards to updating it, in Raku we have a :auth<> tag on the modules, or
just the auth key in the META6.json. You can alter this to whatever (it just
needs to be a string, though personally I think this ought to have some
standards), and you can upload a module with the same name to CPAN afterwards.
By default, zef selects the highest version, but people can opt to use another
author's variant by specifying an :auth<> themselves.

As for Rakudo Star inclusion, I pull all the modules directly from git, or
download tarballs over HTTP. All I need is a URL to fetch the correct version
from. If you could give me this, I will update the readline package used in
Rakudo Star for the next release.

--
With kind regards,

Patrick Spek

www:  https://www.tyil.nl/
mail: p.s...@tyil.nl
pgp:  1660 F6A2 DFA7 5347 322A  4DC0 7A6A C285 E2D9 8827

social: https://soc.fglt.nl/tyil
git:    https://home.tyil.nl/git