Hi to everyone.

Hope you all have a happy holiday time at the end of the year - different countries different celebrations, but good will to all.

Hope 2021 is properous for you all too.

About continuous testing. I have recently taken on the maintenance of GTK::Simple.

The Travis-CI setup was constructed a while ago and tested both OSX and Linux, but not Windows.

It was failing for OSX and for one of the Linux environments.

So I have changed it to the minimal docker image provided by JJ - kudos that man!!!

However, that required a removal of OSX - bad.

In addition, GTK::Simple is difficult to install on Windows, so I'll need help there, but I would like to know how test a module for Windows anyway.

For clarity, I last used a Mac in the naughties, and stopped using Windows as soon as I could get what I needed from Linux. So basically, I have minimal recent knowledge of these environments.

I have two questions:

a) Could any one provide me with a CI scheme that would cover Linux / OSX / Windows?

Not necessarily on the same server environment.

There is an issue in GTK::Simple to the effect that it would be better to use github Actions instead of Travis-CI et al. A comment on this theme would help.

b) Is there a reasonable link to a blog/tutorial on CI ?

I think that there should be some basic information on CI in the Raku documentation on Modules. If anyone answers q1 for me, then I'll write up the scheme I adopt for the Modules documentation together with a link to better information.

When I have asked this question before, I haven't had much response. Either I have had answers that assume everyone know about CI, or most often I get a response that the answerer just copies/pastes configurations from other modules.

Whilst CI is not a part of Raku, a basic CI scheme that could be adopted by all Module writers would enhance the robustness of the Raku module community.