William, I didn't use SparkR. I use R primarily for plotting.

Spark's basic API is quite simple, it does the distributed computing of
map, filter, group, reduce etc, which are all covered by perl's map, sort,
grep functions IMO.

for instance, this common statistics on Spark:

>>> fruit.take(5)
[('peach', 1), ('apricot', 2), ('apple', 3), ('haw', 1), ('persimmon', 9)]

>>> fruit.filter(lambda x:x[0] == 'apple').reduceByKey(lambda
x,y:x+y).collect()
[('apple', 86)]

Which is easily implemented by perl's grep and map functions.
But we need a distributed computing framework of perl6.

Yes there is already the perl-spark project:
https://github.com/perl-spark/Spark
Which didn't get updated for many years. I don't think it's still in active
development.

So I asked the original question.

Thank you.
Piper