Dear Larry Wall,

Sorry for writing you directly, but I know you
sometimes answer questions on this mailing list.
And those answers are uniquely easy for a beginner
to understand.

The compile times of Perl5 and Perl6 are dramatically
different.  Perl 5 is literally 100 times or more
faster than Perl6.  It is professionally embarrassing
to turn over a program to customer that takes up to
20 seconds to start.

I have reported the issue over on:

  https://github.com/perl-foundation-outreach/gsoc-2021-ideas/issues/4