Actually Raku is faster to compile than Perl5. If you consider all of the
features it comes with.

For example, in Raku everything is an object with meta features. If you add
Moose or similar to Perl5 then the compile times will often take longer
than the equivalent Raku times.

That's not the only such feature that you have to add to Perl5 to get
feature parity.

Then you have to also realize that the Perl5 compiler has had since 1994 to
get faster vs. 2015 for Raku.