Not quite authoritative, I'm afraid. :) I'm looking at the new edition
of the Stroustroup book, and the very existence of vtables is an
implementation detail not guaranteed by the language spec (now that
there actually is a language spec for C++).  Further, in the example
which mentions vetables, each object has a pointer to a vtable which is shared
by the entire class.

Which is not to say that it couldn't be moted so for Perl . . .

--
Mark J. REED    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>