I'm ok with both :

alias (%foo, %bar);
AND
my \%foo = \%bar;

the first variant look better to me (I mean  it is easy to spot when u are
reading the code), but I also expected as U the second to work in Perl5 and
was very dissapointed to see that it doesn't work.:"(
The keyword "alias" on the other hand can do also some other stuff us (can't
figure out what else but.. :") ), or can be ALIASED too :") so we can
override its behaviour if we want.... or if it look like operator we can use
perl overriding mehanism :

%foo alias %bar;

still not see what can be the benefit... but just thinking...
=====
iVAN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
=====