David L. Nicol wrote:
> How about some nice introductory links for MOP theory?  The
> above-linked post is also the only time I recall seeing aspect
> theory mentioned in here either. Someone explained aspectJ to
> me at a PM meeting and it sounded like a sure recipe for
> completely impossible AAAD bugs.

Here's a few links. I think I agree that Aspects provide
copious quantities of rope; and that people may use this
rope in ways that do not promote longevity :-) OTOH, it
seems safe compared to the concept of redefining the Perl6
parser at every lexical scope.

http://dev.perl.org/rfc/92.pod
http://www.parc.xerox.com/csl/projects/aop/
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?MetaObjectProtocol
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/context/1534/0

Dave.
--
Dave Whipp, Senior Verification Engineer,
Fast-Chip inc., 950 Kifer Rd, Sunnyvale, CA. 94086