  DS> Ah. I've always wanted to do that with tied hashes. Okay, even
  DS> more reason to pass the data in! (We're going to end up with a
  DS> WANT register by the time we're done...)

that is not a bad idea. we could allocate a PMC register (e.g. #31)
permanently to store WANT info (in a hash i assume like the RFC
implies). this only needs to be updated when a sub call is made which
has a WANT call in it. so those subs will be compiled to save the WANT
register and load their WANT values into it.  so a sub which doesn't
call WANT, never looks at nor touches that register.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com
SYStems ARCHitecture and Stem Development ------ http://www.stemsystems.com