At 08:59 PM 9/4/2001 -0400, Bryan C. Warnock wrote:
>Yes, this is akin to redeclaring every lexical variable every time you
>introduce a new scope.   Not pretty, I know.  But if you want run-time
>semantics with compile-time resolution....

That is exactly what it is, alas. If we allow lexicals to get injected in,
we need to either do this (Basically having every non-package variable
getting an entry in the scope's pad) or search backward. I don't much like
either option, but I think this is the best of the lot.

So much for the "Extra braces don't carry any runtime penalty to speak of"
speech in class... :)

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk