  BL> On Sat, 08 Sep 2001 13:02:04 -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
  >>> Uri mentioned exp(x) = e^x, but I think if you are going to include
  >>> log2, log10, log, etc, you should also include ln.
  >>
  >> Added.

  BL> Er... aren't ln and log synonyms?

we are using log as in log( base, num ) where you can specify the log
base. ln is just log( e, num ). same for log2 and log10. those are just
the most common bases for logs. no reason not to support all of them in
parrot as they are trivial wrappers (and they save an argument per
call). they can also be in the math module where again they will be
simple wrappers.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com