In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
          Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> =item type
>
> What the character set or type of data is encoded in the buffer. This
> includes things like ASCII, EBCDIC, Unicode, Chinese Traditional,
> Chinese Simplified, or Shift-JIS. (And yes, I know the latter's a
> combination of type and encoding. I'll update the doc as soon as I can
> reasonablty separate the two)

Isn't this going to need to be a vtable pointer like encoding is? Only
some things (like character classification and at least some transcoding
tasks) will be character set based rather than encoding based.

Other than that it looked quite good and I'll probably start looking at
bending the existing code into the new model over the weekend.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.compton.nu/