Piers Cawley writes:
: Damian Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: > Of course, that's not to say that the particular C<undef> that's returned on
: > failure-to-numerify mightn't have a property set that indicates the problem
: > was not-a-numeric in nature.
:
: Having more than one 'undef' value sounds like a recipe for internals
: madness. Or is the undef that gets slung around actually going to be a
: reference to the 'real' undef?

NaN is merely the floating-point representation of undef when your
variable is stored in a bare num.  And if you declare a variable as
int, there may well be no representation for undef at all!  Similarly,
it may be impossible to taint an int or a num, unless we can figure
out a way to stuff such information into 0 bits.  But I'd like an
array of int or num to be compact.

Larry