On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Jason Diamond wrote:

> > Okay, the problem is in the compiletestc in Configure.pl. Unfortunately
> I'm
> > not sure what's proper for this. If you could, take a look at hints/vms.pl
> > for how to override the default compiletestc sub and add an override to
> > hints/mswin32.pl? Or pass on the compile and link command lines that're
> > appropriate here and I'll wedge it in myself as best I can.
>
> Overriding compiletestc would have fixed Configure.pl but there was still a
> bunch of Makefile issues. The problem is that gcc uses the same option (-o)
> to specify the name for both an object and executable file and ld also uses
> the same option. On Win32, all three are different. So instead of just using
> the ld_out option, I added cc_o_out and cc_exe_out options. In Configure.pl,
> they're all set to '-o ' but in mswin32.pl they're set to the appropriate
> strings for that platform. I had to modify a few of the Makefile.in files to
> use the correctly named options. None of the other hint files set the ld_out
> option so I'm assuming that they can all use the defaults of '-o '.
>
> The attached patch builds for me on Win32. After applying it,
> re-Configure.pl and make to see if I screwed up the Unix builds.

I don't know if this is related, but about an hour or two ago someone
committed something that caused 'make' to not include 'CFLAGS' in the
link phase, which causes 64-bit Solaris to not build properly.  Should I
be setting an additional thingy in my Configure line now, or is this a
bug?

- D

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>