On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 11:50:54AM +0000, Tim Bunce wrote:
> Early on in the life of Perl 5 Larry adopted the convention that
> subroutines that Perl calls automatically for you should have
> all-caps names[*].

Not early enough to catch import() though.  Oh well ... Perl 6 will
fix that.  (For various definitions of "fix"  ;-)

> I'm not uncomfortable with the apparent try/CATCH inconsistency.

Same here. People are just used to try/catch from other languages that
are philisophically bent different.  That just makes try/CATCH
inconsistent with those languages, not with Perl.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
[EMAIL PROTECTED]