On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 12:08:27PM -0500, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> The one downside to having continuations is it makes optimizing away
> variables, even temp ones, a little tough--on switch to any code that
> might create a continuation we need to flush out from registers to a
> holding area, and on return from code we need to reload from the
> holding area. I think we can cope, though. :)

Or maybe we flush out, and have a flag returned (for internal use only) about
whether this is the first or subsequent time we've returned. And only re-load
registers on the subsequent times.

But I have this inkling that even if we never use a single continuation, the
housekeeping involved may be greater than the time saved in reloading
registers.

Nicholas Clark
--
EMCFT http://www.ccl4.org/~nick/CV.html