Hello,

>If people have different opinions on intermediate code generation, I'd
>like to hear them, since I've only done toy compilers in school which
>always used 3address or quadruples.

I have been working in a compiler for an intermediate language that I call
P-- (obviously inspired in C--) for now. The language offers some low-level
abstractions (register-allocation for locals, function calls) and the idea
is that it could be used for lazy language implementors that don't want to
mess with low-level aspects of Parrot's VM.

Register allocation is implemented using Briggs' alghorism (see
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/briggs92register.html)

I was planning to finish testing it this weekend and send a first version to
the list. It's mostly a learning project for myself, but it could even be
useful for someone.. who knows.

Sincerly,

-angel
who never programmed a compiler before, even in school