On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 12:51:06AM -0700, Ashley Winters wrote:
> Perl today: A semicolon is required after every statement, except before a
> closing curly or end of file.
> Perl 6: A semicolon is also required after every block, except when the
> closing curly is on a line of its own, or it precedes another closing curly
> or end of file.

This is incorrect according to the examples in the apocalypse:

        if 1 { ...; break; }
        die "panic: shouldn't see this";

The apocalypse implies that the new rule applies to "expression
blocks"--as opposed, I think, to statement blocks.  As far as I
understand these terms, if always takes statement blocks, so this
rule does not apply.

Who can clear up the confusion?

Andrew