> See above.
>
> > Two issues spring to mind:
> >
> > 1) Do we have a reality check on why this syntax is needed?  I agree it's
> > cool idea, but can anyone name a real-world scenario where it would be
> > useful?  Can we do things just bcause they're cool?  That approach didn't
> > work too well for me as a teenager, but then nothing else did either.
>
> It's not because it's cool. It's because the alternative is:
>
> Perl5:
>       $did = 0;
>       for($i=0;$i<$max;$i++) {
>       }
>       unless ($did) {
>               foreach (@x) {
>               }
>       }
>
> Perl6:
>
>       loop $i=0;$i<$max;$i++ {
>               ELSE {
>                       for @x -> $_ {
>                       }
>               }
>       }
>
> Proposed Perl6:
>
>       loop $i=0;$i<$max;$i++ {
>       } elsfor @x -> $_ {
>       }

How's about we set up parsing such that a conditional or loop control
structure can be placed after an else. That would provide the most
versatility, reduce the hideous keywords, and be more familiar to C
programmers.

        loop $i=0;$i<$max;$i++ {
        } else for @x-> $_ {
        }

Oh, and why are we dropping C<until> from the language? If we drop
C<until>, we should drop unless, and that's just preposterous.

Luke