Damian said:
>     6. C<otherwise> would seem to fit the bill rather nicely.

To me, "otherwise" is a synonym for "else", and that makes it too
confusingly similar.  I foresee forever explaining to people the difference
because it is similar to C<else>, but I think the similarity is a reason
*not* to use it.

How about C<noloop>?  It's absolutely clear what it means and won't be
confused with "else".

> I now confidently await Larry's coming up with an entirely different
solution ;-)

I keep picturing Larry tugging thoughtfully on his mustache while reading
this thread, a smile on his face, his finger hovering over the "reveal"
button.

-Miko