Jeff:
> > >Well, it's unhappy when you do lots of things. The code I was given was
> > >not as complete/functional as I had been led to believe, inasmuch as it

Eh, I didn't lead you to believe anything, and in fact I think I said it had
portability issues.

> >          Unparsable argument, starting from '"', QUOTE
> > No line number, no context, nearly impossible to find to debug.

That's an internal error with the assembler, shouldn't happen. It
suggests the string regexp is broken. I deliberately didn't add contextual
information because I wanted the assembler to be machine-oriented rather
than human-oriented, and we can depend on machines to produce well-formed
bytecode or it's an internal error on *their* side.

> the final PMC issue solutions, at least I hope. It was written back when
> keys were going to be a separate set of registers, and we don't do that
> any more.

I don't think I assumed that keys were going to be a set of registers
anywhere, and there's nothing about that in the key PDD or the assembler PDD,
or in the original code I have kicking around. I don't understand what you
mean here. Maybe one of the PDDs needs updating?

--
"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.  We
don't believe this to be a coincidence." - Jeremy S. Anderson