On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 02:08:25AM -0400, Mike Lambert wrote:
> gc_generations.pbc
> me trying to simulate behavior which should perform exceptionally
>   well under a genertaional collector, even though we don't have one :)
> each memory allocation lasts either
>   a long time, a medium time, or a short time

I don't think a generational collector help is this case.  There are
only 8 strings that remain live for a long time.  I doubt this
significantly slows down the GC.

I think a better test would be to allocate about 10000 short strings
initially (and keep them live), and then create 100000 other strings
that are discarded immediately.

-- Jerome