At 5:10 PM -0400 6/18/02, Josh Wilmes wrote:
>So now who's going to implement it?  (must..contain..urge..)

You think *you* have to contain the urge... :)

Seriously, this is a good thing to tackle. Not only does it involve
custom opcode libraries, but it also requires packfile loading with
translation on input. (Since z-machine bytecode is *not* 32-bit... :)

While it may seem kind of silly to be able to do:

   parrot -m:zmachine lurking_horror.dat

and see:

You've waited until the last minute again. This time it's the end of the term,
so all the TechNet terminals in the dorm are occupied. So, off you go
to the old
Comp Center. Too bad it's the worst storm of the winter (Murphy's Law, right?),
and you practically froze to death slogging over here from the dorm. Not to
mention jumping at every shadow, what with all the recent disappearances. Time
to find a free machine, get to work, and write that twenty page paper.

THE LURKING HORROR
An Interactive Horror
Copyright (c) 1987 by Infocom, Inc. All rights reserved.
THE LURKING HORROR is a trademark of Infocom, Inc.
Release 221 / Serial number 870918

Making it happen involves most of the infrastructure we'd need to get
working to get .NET and JVM code loaded in.

--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk