>What about parsing?  I think the fact that Perl 6 will pretty much
>have parser capabilities built in is pretty distinctive.
>
>Ted

When someone wants to write a parser, they turn to Perl 90% of the time (at least to
prototype). The fact that they're really using a powerful lexer instead of a parser
and don't ralize it is a sign of why regex and regex culture needed to change.

But I don't think that advances in regexen, however great are what Pythonistas and
Java Junkies need to hear to be convinced of Perl 6's power/usefullness.

-Erik

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com