  DC> Ashley Winters wrote:
  >> How about:
  >>
  >> $_ = new Doberman for my Dog ($spot, $rover) is rw;

  DC> <grin> I don't think so.

  DC> In Perl 6 you'd just need:

  DC>   $_ = new Doberman for $spot, $rover;

will perl6 still support the indirect object syntax? i thought it was
going away and that would be:

        Doberman.new

also is $_ an lvalue alias (topic) for $spot and $rover?

why not use map:

my Dog ( $spot, $rover ) = map Doberman.new, 1 .. 2 ;

i think it is clearer as to what is happening, we are creating 2 new Dog
objects. now there is no need for the rw property on $_

also if that is working code, then my head is getting twisted in the
right direction. :)

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com