At 06:56 PM 8/12/2002 +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:
>Here's a more interesting question: which parts of Parrot are enshrined,
>and which are prototypes, ready to be thrown away? For instance, I'd
>say much of languages/* is all proof-of-concept prototype stuff; imcc
>may not be. The assembler I'd call a prototype. The regex engine? The
>GC? ...

On that topic, given that the reference assembler is too slow for on-the-fly
assembly, I already decided that imcc should get its own C based
assembler. Now that the C (XS) interface is gone, it means we will be
duplicating code. I'm not saying the Perl based assembler is a BAD thing,
but I think time spent "tuning" the reference assembler is wasted when it could
be spent writing a really fast one in C.

-Melvin