On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 11:30:57AM +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:
> At any rate, I do wish we'd stop kidding ourselves that Perl 6 is at all
> going to be "cleaned up" or "regular"; I bet it'll end up with more edge
> cases and special exceptions than Perl 5.

Simon, Perl 6 *will* be more "regular" as long as we have people like
you pointing out when something isn't right.

When reading through the Apocalypses and subsequent discussion on
perl6-language, I too get the feeling that we're trading one set of
special cases for another. But keep in mind, these are draft documents
on how things should work. We have the opportunity to fix our mistakes
before we cast them in stone and I fully believe that we will.

This message of optimism brought to you by the
future-perl-6-users-society.  :-)

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff