Aaron Sherman wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-09-21 at 06:38, Smylers wrote:
>
> > ... lists now use square brackets.
>
> I don't disagree that this is a good thing, but let's look at some
> cases that might not look the way you had intended:  <Snip>

Oh, I hadn't really intending anything.  Starting from what Larry said
about parens creating array refs, I ended up with the evil thought about
square brackets just being for precedence.

Realizing that doing this t'other way round might actually be sensible
was very much an afterthought.  I posted it knowing that I'd be away for
a week, and without even attempting to think through all the
consequences.

> Thoughts?

Fortunately by the time I got back online I find that Luke Palmer has
created a very sensible RFC based on my suggestion.  He's obviously done
more thinking about this than I had, so I don't think there's any point
in me adding anything.

(Thanks Luke, by the way.)

Smylers