In message <20020925234547$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Tanton Gibbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > #17517 build system, permanent Configure runs - annoying at least
>
> I wish someone would commit this one as this does fix a very annoying
> problem, especially on cygwin.

Applied.

The problem here is that the rule in the Makefile that causes it to
rerun Configure.pl if any of the Configure.pl generated files is out
of date clashes with the recently introduced edit to stop Configure.pl
updating a file that hasn't actually changed.

As a result the Makefile continues to think it needs to rerun
Configure.pl ad infinitum.

I'm not quite sure how to resolve this in the long term as there are
conflicting goals here, but I've committed the patch for now.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.compton.nu