At 10:53 AM -0700 10/21/02, Austin Hastings wrote:
Yeah, but emacs isn't written in any of those languages.
What, you're using emacs as an argument *for* something? :-P

And, FWIW, emacs is written in C. Granted a much macro-mutated version of C, but C nonetheless.

--- Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 At 11:09 PM -0600 10/20/02, Luke Palmer wrote:
 >What's the plan on having properties, or attributes (depending on
 how
 >far we're taking it), on individual characters in a string?  I think
 >it's an essential feature, as Lisp has shown us.  If there's an
 >argument otherwise, I'm all ears.

 While they're certainly useful, I think essential's an awfully strong

 word there. You'll note that, just off the top of my head, C, BASIC,
 Fortran, Perl, Python, Java, Ruby, Pascal, Oberon, Modula (2 and 3),
 Forth, Eiffel, Haskell, BLISS, C++, C#, COBOL, PL/I, APL, B, and BCPL

--
                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk