> Hmm.... wouldn't the JIT benifit from a pre knowledge of basic
> blocks and types or some information ? ... (I seem to think so
> ...).

I would think so, because if, for example, the JIT wants to do a full
register allocation to map parrot registers to machine registers, it
would certainly need information about basic blocks.

(I am talking of a complete register allocation, that would re-do the
original register allocation of imc with the actual number of
registers available in the machine)

On the other hand, the JIT could certainly regenerate this information
from the imc code, which is probably going to be stored somewhere
anyway.

-angel